24 Mar Electronic Assemblers
- FLSA: Full Time, Non-Exempt
- Skills: J-STD-001 Solder Training
- Education: High School Diploma or GED minimum
Mid Continent Controls is hiring! We are looking for talented people for full-time openings in our production department. The ideal candidate is an experienced Electronics Assembler who is able to follow planning/schematics/blueprints to build electronic devices that go into business jets, and also has a basic understanding of the use of microscopes, multi-meters, and measuring tools such as rulers and calipers in order to self-inspect your work. This position requires approximately one year of experience in electronics assembly with demonstrated soldering skills (including both surface mount and through hole components) and relevant experience in final assembly being preferred.
Full Job Description
Mid Continent Controls is hiring for an Assembler for a full-time position at our facility in Derby, KS. Under the direct supervision of the Production Manager, the Assembler will be responsible for the assembly of mechanical and electrical components to fit into the finished product using hand tools to build wire harnesses, assembler electromechanical assemblies, and aid in the production process.
· Reads manufacturing documentation such as blueprints, process sheets, and assembly and schematic drawings,
· Receives verbal instructions regarding work assignments and follows instructions.
· Performs assembly at the sub-assembly level of various products.
· Cuts wires and builds wire harnesses.
· Performs self-inspection visually and with a microscope.
· Applies conformal coating to printed circuit board assemblies as required
· Uses hand tools to perform final assembly of products.
· Performs other duties as deemed necessary or as required.
· Ability to use hand tools such as drill, screwdrivers, files, pliers, etc.
· Aptitude for fine, detailed mechanical work with a high level of accuracy
· Good verbal and interpersonal communication skills
· Strong attention to detail.
· High school diploma or GED preferred.
· Employee could be exposed to fumes when coating PCB boards or applying adhesives
· occasionally lift and/or move items up to 30 pounds approximately
· Well-lit, temperature-controlled, clean environment
· Constantly work with small objects
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Professional development assistance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Derby, KS 67037: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Production & Assembly Occupations: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Required)
- Day Shift (Required)
We offer competitive pay based on market standards, as well as a 401(k) with employer match, medical/dental insurance, Short Term Disability insurance, Basic/Voluntary Life insurance options, paid time off for jury duty, Vacation and Sick Leave, and an Employee Assistance Plan which includes a tuition reimbursement program.
Apply now to join a family-focused company in the aviation industry! We believe our human capital is our greatest asset, and we are looking for people with the previously described skill-set who want to become a part of the team of hard-working professionals here at MC2. For immediate consideration send your resume to email@example.com, apply online below, or stop by our offices to fill out an application in person. We will not be accepting submissions from recruiters/agencies at this time.